Thursday, April 19, 2007

Walls and Neighbours

A wall suggests privacy but someone who's had a temporary structure installed knows it's an illusion. Ours is suppose to prevent the public from wandering through the construction site - check; reduce dust and odours - if so, I'm glad we're not experiencing the full dose of pollutions; and reduce sound - a firm negative. That said, it's interesting to discover that dead air is an anathema even when machines are running. The construction crew's taste in music is eclectic and leads one to contemplate how it's chosen. Democracy is alive in the workplace I guess. Goodness only knows what they think of the sounds that leach to their side. Some of those story hours [the meeting room has been co opted for storage] must raise eyebrows.

3 Comments:

At April 19, 2007 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Michelle Forward, Library Manager said...

We start our upstairs renovation project at our library on Monday! I am thinking I may need a blog to describe that process before we are through! I am intersted in hearing how your project turns out!

 
At May 7, 2007 at 9:29 PM , Blogger KT said...

We will be starting a construction project sometime this summer/fall. I think you're blog is a great way to keep people informed about what's going on.

 
At May 7, 2007 at 9:30 PM , Blogger KT said...

Ooops...too bad I can't spell sometimes. Please excuse my poor grammer and my inabilty to find the edit key :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home